From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old kernel versions
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:03:45
1 "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Now I notice in eix that all my old kernels are marked as
4 > 'installed'. I normally keep only the previous kernel in
5 > /boot. Can I safely 'emerge -C' the older kernels w/o
6 > upsetting my apple cart?
7
8 Yes: unlike most packages these are the kernel *sources* not the kernel
9 install (which you have done manually).
10
11 (So you could do emerge gentoo sources, config, make, install etc, and
12 immediately remove the kernel sources.)
15 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
16 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list