From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 and sysctl
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 08:52:55
1 On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 07:57:17 +0100
2 Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+gentoo@××××××.de> wrote:
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >... but I does have an ipv6 question too.
6 >
7 >Currently I have the following in /etc/sysctl.conf:
8 > net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr=2
9 > net.ipv6.conf.lo.use_tempaddr=2
10 > net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr=2
11 > net.ipv6.conf.wlan0.use_tempaddr=2
12 >
13 >all doesn't have any effect, see [0] and [1]. So, no, that is not
14 >related to the problem.
15 >
16 >For some reasons I have ipv6 and tg3 (my eth0) as module.
17 >
18 >Unfortunately, the setting does not to be set. My guess is, that sysctl
19 >runs before loading of the network modules.
20 >
21 >Restarting sysctl service and network does work and gives me privacy
22 >extension. But not the standard boot.
23 >
24 >Any idea how to fix that? There must be a trustable way to set privacy
25 >extension.
26
27 You can change to builtin by ‘CONFIG_IPV6=y’ – some basic settings can
28 be made in "/etc/modprobe.d/ipv6.conf" if you want to keep it as module,
29 see kernel doc "Documentation/networking/ipv6.txt".
33 Regards,
34 floyd