From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:36:17
1 Hi,
2
3 I use following approach:
4 emerge --sync
5 emerge -DuavN world
6 dispatch-conf
7 emerge --depclean -pv
8 revdep-rebuild
9 glsa-check -t all
10
11 Whenever there is something changed on the way, I will start with the
12 world command again. Sometimes depclean will remove something world will
13 emerge again. I want to be on the save side for those cases.
14
15 Anyway I also seem to have orphan packages not found by depclean but not
16 updated by emerge -DuavN world
17
18 My Post (german):
19 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-685418-highlight-.html
20
21 I would be interested to hear about your outcomes to compare the
22 (update)result from you when comparing:
23 emerge -DuavN world
24 emerge -aev world
25 emerge -DuavN --with-bdeps y world
26
27 To see if some package is needed by anything you might run equery
28 depends <whatever package>
29
30 KH
31