From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] desktop zoom
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:09:47
1 On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:01:50 +0300
2 Martins <naak@×××.lv> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I wonder is there a such tool like point and move around desktop/window and
7 > get zoomed picture in separate window? I think i saw something but cant
8 > recall to get right kayword. pls. hint me if any.
9 >
10 > martins
11 > --
12 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
15 xmag can do this (kind of), but not in real time. It just let you click
16 on a given location, and a zoomed mini-screenshot of that region appears
17 into a window.
18
19 kmag, on the contrary, can do this in real time, and will let you see
20 a zoomed portion of your desktop as you move your pointer around. It
21 is a *bit* hard on the cpu, though :P
22
23 You can even set the refresh rate (so it can be softer or harder on
24 cpu time), the zoom ratio and you can also pause it, so it will let
25 you move your mouse around without wasting your cpu while you have
26 it open.
27
28 It's a great program, though persons that are allergic to qt and/or
29 the "k" word might not be able to use it.
30 --
31 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list