From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Verification of audio CD copy?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:46:13
1 On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Joerg Schilling
2 <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > cdda2wav -paranoia gives much better results
4 > that cdparanoia.
5
6 Thanks for your work, Joerg. I've used cdda2wav with paranoia mode
7 "forever" and it seems able to rip everything as long as the hardware
8 can support reading it. (for example my Sony/NEC DVD-RW drive cannot
9 read "overburned" discs or "hidden" track 1 pregap songs). Even had
10 some badly scratched discs that do not play properly on a normal CD
11 player but seem to rip successfully with no artifacts. It is not as
12 fast as "normal" ripping, but I think the value of having an accurate
13 copy is well worth the extra wait.