From: Urs Schutz <u.schutz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Consistency checking
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 13:13:17
1 On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 06:01:28 -0700 (PDT)
2 Leho Kraav <leho@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:20:02 PM UTC+2, Urs
5 > Schutz wrote:
6 > > > eix-test-obsolete -d
7 > > is easy if it is done often, as there is little
8 > > corrective action to do on a day to day basis.
9 >
10 > I have been wondering if it's possible to get this
11 > particular check's output to be machine readable, so it
12 > could be used in automated scripts. Similar to what qlist
13 > -IC <atom> does.
14 >
15 > First, I think the different checks need to be
16 > separatable with cmdline arguments, so one wouldn't have
17 > to start parsing for some header type thing to know what
18 > atom list applies to what file.
19 >
20 > After that, the machine readable output needs to be as
21 > simple as possible, no colors, parenthesis, and whatnot.
22 >
23 > Further thoughts welcome, and suggestions for other ways
24 > of automating this cleanup. Only thing I know of was
25 > udept, but that's been dead upstream for a while.
26 >
27 > I should also note that I keep my /etc in git, so
28 > naturally all automated actions would be commited and
29 > therefore tracked - no need to fear losing some important
30 > configuration item, if that is at all applicable here
31 > even.
34 Something like > eix -tTc --xml could be a start.