From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg won't start
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:16:38
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Keith Dart<keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:03:20 +0100
3 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> The elog message from the xorg-server emerge also warns about updating
6 >> drivers.
7 >
8 > Users should probably make sure there is at least the following
9 > in /etc/make.conf:
10 >
11 > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="echo save_summary"
12 >
13 > So you get a permanent record and a change to view them at the end of a
14 > ebuild set.
15
16 I've been running with this for years:
17
18 PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info, warn, error, log"
19 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
20 FEATURES="buildpkg parallel-fetch"
21
22 And I had been thinking that the "buildpkg" was going to make
23 reversion a lot easier, except that I've never actually installed one
24 of these puppies. Mind, I only tried once. I've got about 4 GB of
25 packages at the moment. :o)
26
27 ++ kevin
30 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD