From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ati-drivers can work with 2.6.15!
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 04:09:58
1 Hi all,
2
3 Instead of a question this time, I have an answer!
4
5 If you're trying to get ati-drivers (fglrx) to load with linux-2.6.15
6 its simple! (Given the error you get is "undefined symbol: pm_register"
7 or something similar).
8
9 The solution is to simply: when configuring your kernel, under "Power
10 management options (ACPI, APM)" turn on "Legacy Power Management API
11 (PM_LEGACY)". Then recompile the kernel (recompiling modules should not
12 be necessary) and re-boot to this new kernel.
13
14 Now, for me at least, ati-drivers-8.20.8 loads fine!
15
16 HTH,
20 The "cutting edge" is getting rather dull.
21 -- Andy Purshottam
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list