From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitoring temperatures
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:27:55
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:39:09 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> My personal favorite tho, smart fans. My CPU has a sensor under it and
7 >> varies the CPU fan with temp. I have done the same with my case fans
8 >> and it works pretty well. One spinning at a good rate is best tho just
9 >> to keep air flow at all times.
12 > No fans will save you when air conditioning system in the data center
13 > goes down! It'd be game over in a couple of minutes ;)
18 Yea, I guess so. I have forgot to leave my A/C on and it get pretty
19 warm in here. All the fans are blasting but it was still running. Of
20 course, my little single CPU system running folding is probably not that
21 big of a deal.
22
23 What may also be a good idea is to have some way to shut the systems
24 down when they get to hot or if the A/C fails. I would think a
25 temperature sensor would be better myself. I !think! gkrellm can do
26 that. I'm sure there is a way to do it automatically tho. After all,
27 you can't monitor temps 24/7 but the system can.
28
29 Dale
30