From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS finds printer disconnected.
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:41:29
1 Carl Adams wrote:
2 > I'm setting up my first Gentoo installation, and have an HP PSC1610
3 > inkjet connected via USB. Everything seems to be right:
4 >
5 > - lsusb lists it as Bus 0004 Device 0003: ID 03f0:4811 Hewlett-Packard
6 > - the CUPS admin page on port 631 installed and lists it .
7 >
8 > But: the CUPS page also shows:
11 > Location: Workstation
12 > Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
13 > "Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds..."
14 > Device URI: usb:/dev/usb/lp0
15 >
16 > Any jobs sent to the printer just sit in the queue.
17 >
18 > The printer works fine in Fedora4/CUPS
19 >
20 > Can anyone assist?
21 >
22 > with thanks
23 > Carl Adams
29 Usually when I run into something strange like this, I delete the
30 printer then set it up again. Then it seems to work again. Maybe worth
31 a try anyway.
32
33 Also, have you tried restarting cupsd?
34
35 Hope this helps.
36
37 Dale