From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg 7.3: Xorg Overriding My Config File (loading GLX when I don't want it)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 02:41:52
1 On Sonntag, 16. September 2007, fire-eyes wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm using Xorg 7.3 and am trying to prevent loading of glx module (very
5 > unstable on my laptop). Commenting out Load "glx" doesn't stop it. Using
6 > Disable "glx" doesn't stop it. Doing the same for dri doesn't stop it.
7 >
8 > In fact the logs say for each of those, on one line that they are
9 > disabled, but on a later line, that they are being loaded anyway. how
10 > can I stop loading of glx?
11 >
12 > I have asked #xorg many times over the past 3 - 4 days and gotten no
13 > useful answers. It's also not clear if they have a users mailing list.
16 > Section "Module"
17 > # Load "glx"
18 > Disable "glx"
19 > Load "extmod"
20 > Load "xtrap"
21 > Load "record"
22 > # Load "GLcore"
23 > Disable "GLcore"
24 > Load "dbe"
25 > # Load "dri"
26 > Disable "dri"
27 > Load "freetype"
28 > Load "type1"
29 > EndSection
32 maybe, just for thought, you should not use the ati driver, but vesa? afaik
33 the ati driver forces glx? And try removing the 'record' and 'xtrap' crap.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list