From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sharing portage directories when dual booting x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:18:29
1 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > I have a core 2 duo (dell 6400), which is currently running x86.
3 > I am thinking of setting up another partition and dual booting amd64.
4
5 I assume you've checked whether it is 64-bit compatible. Not all Core 2
6 Duo's in 6400's are. I have a T2400 processor in my 6400 which is not
7 em64t enabled. Not that I mind - plenty quick enough in 32-bit mode.
8
9 cat /proc/cpuinfo look for em64t in flags to make sure.
12 > My question concerns sharing some directories between the two
13 > (naturally only one is active at a time).
14 >
15 > In particular can I share
16 >
17 > * distfiles (DISTDIR)
18
19 definitely - it's source code after all.
20
21 Not sure about the others - logs is an output so should be safe, tmp may
22 have some portage state stuff in it but I know nothing...
23
24 W.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list