From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ALSA - Still No Sound
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:46:20
1 On 02/14/2011 12:29 PM, walt wrote:
2 > On 02/14/2011 03:43 AM, dhk wrote:
3 >
4 >> What are the "Intel HD Audio" codecs? I don't
5 >> remember doing anything explicitly for them. How do I check them?
6 >> Thanks.
7 >
8 > Under the HD-Intel sound card driver menu there are several codecs for
9 > specific sound chips. e.g. I use the one for realtek, but yours may be
10 > a different one. Doesn't hurt to build them all as modules and see which
11 > one(s) your kernel actually uses.
16 It looks like all the codec's are built in. I'm not sure what the last
17 one in the list does.
18
19 # grep -i realtek /etc/kernels/kernel-config-x86_64-2.6.36-gentoo-r5
20 CONFIG_REALTEK_PHY=m
21 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=y
22 # grep -i codec /etc/kernels/kernel-config-x86_64-2.6.36-gentoo-r5
23 CONFIG_SND_AC97_CODEC=m
24 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=y
25 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ANALOG=y
26 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SIGMATEL=y
27 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_VIA=y
28 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ATIHDMI=y
29 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_NVHDMI=y
30 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_INTELHDMI=y
31 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CIRRUS=y
32 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CONEXANT=y
33 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CA0110=y
34 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CMEDIA=y
35 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SI3054=y
36 # CONFIG_SND_SOC_ALL_CODECS is not set
37
38 This is the genkernel so pretty much everything is built in.
39
40 Could this be a bug in the kernel? I haven't had sound for about a
41 year, but I know it use to work on this hardware. It probably went out
42 with an upgrade and never came back with a new install.
43
44 Any ideas are appreciated.
45
46 Thanks,