From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: not switching to elogind - but where's consolekit?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:23:26
1 On 2020-09-02 09:06, n952162 wrote:
2 > When I read the news item about elogind, it seems that it's an
3 > optional migration from consolekit.  I don't find consolekit in my
4 > /var/db/pkg directory or in "qlist -IRv" output.  In order to update,
5 > though, I have to select one of (consolekit, systemd, elogind).
6 >
7 > Do I have consolekit on my Desktop-profiled, reasonably updated gentoo
8 > system?
11 Okay, I just found this:
12
13 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1102632-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-25.html?sid=8a731f2a2db05fb5df8772b7a1647a15
14
15 I probably indeed don't have consolekit - I'm one of the 45%.  It seems
16 to be polkit that's forcing me to make a decision  - do I need it?
17
18 What tool can I use to find a dependency tree?