From: Sid Spry <sid@××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to hide a network interface from an application
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 00:40:14
1 On Fri, Aug 14, 2020, at 5:06 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2020-08-14, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > I think this should work, but I need to rebuild my kernel with the
5 > > iptables "owner" extension enabled:
6 > >
7 > > iptables -A OUTPUT -o <interface> -m owner --uid-owner plex -j DROP
8 >
9 > I can confirm, that did indeed work as desired.
10 >
11 > Even with the kernel rebuild it was far less work than getting set up
12 > to run a docker container (which also would have required a kernel
13 > rebuild) or running the server in a separate network namespace.
16 Are you able to see any perf impact from the generated but dropped packets?