From: "Marc Stürmer" <mail@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Jitsi or Other Skype Alternative
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:06:03
1 Am 22.08.2013 17:58, schrieb hasufell:
2
3 > You probably missed those hundreds of bugs we devs and also users were
4 > faced with, including linkage against non-existing sonames, random
5 > crashes and breakage when the binary is stripped.
6 >
7 > So this is somewhat wrong information. It's like saying windows works
8 > right out of the box without problems.
9
10 I am not arguing from the admin site of Skype; I am arguing from the
11 user side.
12
13 You can install Skype almost whereever you want, behind a NAT-Router,
14 Firewall, whatever, it just works. That's why it is so popular.
15
16 Try the same with Ekiga and you got probably tons of troubles.