From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preventing keyboard layout files from being overritten during system upgrades
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 12:57:09
1 On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 01:55:30PM +0200, gevisz wrote:
2 >
3 > So, my main question is How can I ensure that the already
4 > edited /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/ru file will not be overwritten
5 > during the next system update. Thabk you.
8 Use a configuration management tool like puppet or ansible. It will take
9 a small amount of initial investment to set up, but then any overwritten
10 configuration files can be easily added back by running the
11 configuration management tool.
12
13 Alec