From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: startx does not work for AMD/ATI Radion HD 4770
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 07:48:14
1 On 2019-12-26 18:12, gevisz wrote:
2
3 > It seems that it finally was satisfied with those two blobs added.
4 > At least I can now start twm.
5
6 Good that you have a working system. But it should _not_ be necessary
7 to build the blobs into the kernel. I have similar hardware (Gigabyte
8 mobo with a Phenom and a Radeon) and I get by just fine with the blobs
9 in /lib/firmware/radeon/* .
10
11 I know they are being loaded because I patched my kernel to tell me in
12 demsg, even in the case of success.
13
14 qfile says these files belong to the linux-firmware package. Do you
15 have it installed? And are they in the right location, /lib/firmware?
16 I can see potential for mischief with the recent lib / lib64 migration.
19 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
20 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
21 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
22 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.