From: Stefan Frank <s_frank@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automatically mounting USB mass storage devices (camera)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:43:31
1 Hi
2
3 I just posted the same on the german gentoo user list:
4
5 HAL is no longer compiled with the --enable-fstab-sync option. Therefore
6 hotpluggable devices wont be automounted. To get around this, you can create
7 a overlay with the current hal-0.5.4.ebuild and add the following:
8
9 src_compile() {
10 econf \
11 $(use_enable debug verbose-mode) \
12 $(use_enable pcmcia pcmcia-support) \
13 --enable-sysfs-carrier \
14 --enable-hotplug-map \
15 + --enable-fstab-sync \
16 $(use_enable doc docbook-docs) \
17 $(use_enable doc doxygen-docs) \
18 --with-pid-file=/var/run/hald.pid \
19 || die "configure failed"
20
21 emake || die "make failed"
22 }
23
24 Maybe you've to change the permissions on /etc/fstab to haldaemon:haldaemon,
25 as it needs the permission to change the file.
26
27 If you need informations on how to make an overlay, please ask!
28
29 Stefan
30
31 BTW: I don't know why --enable-fstab-sync isn't used anymore - maybe it's for
32 some good reason, I don't know. Do this on your own risk ;).
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list