From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo not detecting full amount of memory
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:54:06
1 Negative. I'm using a Geforce 4 MX 440 64mb card, and the motherboard
2 doesn't come with onboard video.
3
4 On 7/24/05, Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk> wrote:
7 > Rudmer van Dijk wrote:
8 > > On Sunday 24 July 2005 22:52, Mark Shields wrote:
9 > >
10 > >>mark@laeb ~ $ cat /proc/meminfo | grep Mem
11 > >>MemTotal: 1034284 kB
12 > >>MemFree: 953172 kB
13 > >>
14 > >>Thanks for the tip. But strangely, 12mb is still missing.
17 > Could it be shared ram taken for an on board graphics card?
18 >
19 > I know the one in this box used to be anywhere from 4MB to 64MB iirc -
20 > replaced it with a seperate board now.
23 > > that's better than here:
24 > >
25 > > rudmer:~ # cat /proc/meminfo | grep Mem
26 > > MemTotal: 1026304 kB
27 > > MemFree: 79152 kB
28 > >
29 > > that's almost 22MB...
30 > > and that's what Richard already said probably a BIOS setting which you
31 > > shouldn't try to disable to get a couple of MB's more.
32 > >
33 > > Rudmer
34 >
35 > --
36 > Tim Igoe
37 > tim@×××××××.uk
38 > http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
39 > http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
40 >
41 > "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"
48 - Mark Shields
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list