From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] When copying an os to new disk
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:09:09
1 On 26 February 2010 10:06, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 25 Feb 2010, at 17:59, daid kahl wrote:
4 >>
5 >> ...
6 >> As a side note, I tried dd piped through ssh and my router (with
7 >> firewall) was resetting the connection after around 4GB, and I don't
8 >> know of anyway to resume a dd.
9 >
10 > NAME
11 >       dd - convert and copy a file
12 >
13 > SYNOPSIS
14 >       dd [OPERAND]...
15 >       dd OPTION
16 >
17 > DESCRIPTION
18 >       Copy a file, converting and formatting according to the operands.
19 >
20 >       bs=BYTES
21 >              read and write BYTES bytes at a time (also see ibs=,obs=)
22 >
23 > ...
24 >       skip=BLOCKS
25 >              skip BLOCKS ibs-sized blocks at start of input
28 > HTH,
29 >
30 > Stroller.
33 Hey, shiny!
34
35 I opted to reinstall from source that machine, which wasn't exactly a
36 bad choice anyway. But as always, rtfm is good advice! Thanks (not
37 sarcastic, except to mock myself).
38
39 ~daid