From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Out of portage
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:29:27
1 Renat Golubchyk <mailto:ragermany@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > You can copy the ebuild to your overlay and patch postfix from there.
4 > If you don't have to do anything else before compiling it then it's as
5 > trivial as "epatch /path/to/postfix.patch" somewhere in src_unpack().
6 > Doing it this way has the benefit of letting portage manage your
7 > packages.
8
9 This seems to be the best way. And indeed it is trivial.
10
11 > You'll just have to keep an eye for upgrades, because they
12 > will probably come without this patch. If you want this patch to be
13 > included in postfix create a bug in bugzilla with the request.
14
15 I don't think it is a good idea. I would not second guess Wietse (author of postfix) for the suitability of the patch for general consumption.
16
17 Thank you for your help.
18
19 Eray