From: Fredrik Lundgren <fredrik.bg.lundgren@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ... fails to open device '/dev/hda2' after update
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:47:01
1 Dear list,
2
3 I haven't used my Gentoo for more than half a year or so (it was well
4 updated then) so the other night I made an update
5
6 emerge --update system
7
8 and all appeared to go well (lots of updates) but when I rebooted i got
9 ----
10 * checking root filesystem ...
11 Failed to open the device '/dev/hda2': No such file or directory
12 * Filesystem couldn't be fixed: (Give root password for maintenance
13 (or Control D to continue):_
14 ---
15 Well I changed to root and tried
16 ---
17 df
18 Filesystem 1K-block used Available Use% Mount on
19 35152904 8113240 27039664 24% /
20 ---
21 and
22
23 ---
24 fsck -t resierfs /dev/hda2 (Confirmed with Yes)
25 Failed to open the device '/dev/hda2': No such file or directory
26 ---
27 The file system is there as I can use nano and navigate in the directory
28 hierarchy and visit files.
29 I have, in Win XP, tested the partitions with 'Acronis Disk Director
30 Suite' and they look OK
31 and don't have any errors.
32
33 Please, how should this be fixed?
34
35 Best wishes from a somewhat desperate Fredrik
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list