From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: encrypting file for Windows users
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 01:09:20
1 On 04/23/2017 06:52 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-04-23 18:18, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> I think mostly they will be sending some pdf files + some images.
5 >
6 > In your OP you say that _you_ (and not "they") will be the sender.
7 >
8 > This matters because if you don't need to _read_ the PDF files on Linux,
9 > you can use Acrobat built-in encryption. And most image formats (AFAIK)
10 > can be embedded in a PDF.
11 >
12 > Just another option to consider, depending on the situation.
13
14 Thank you for the input.
15 Yes, that might be good alternative.
16
17 Yes, I'll be the sender and try to encourage them to use PGP in Windows.
18
19 I've configured in XFCE a "Custom Action" menu entry with name: 7-zip
20 7za a myfile.zip %N -tzip -mem=AES256 -mx9 -p123
21
22 So all they have to do is select the file they want to zip it up and
23 select the entry from the menu; it seems easy.
24
25 I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for the user.
28 Thelma