From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wiping the old root without killing the new root
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:24:33
1 Hi,
2
3 Finally I moved to my new root and it seems to be $HOME
4 enough to wiupe the old root.
5
6 The old root is on a separate partition to which I will move
7 the contents of the new root after wiping the new root.
8
9 May be the following question is born from to much worry, but...
10
11 First I thought: Mount the old root to a certain mountpoint
12 somewhere, cd into it (as root) and do a rm -rf....
13
14 Then I saw symlinks directly pointing to /usr/lib... (for example)
15 right into my new root...
16
17 What is a recommended way to do what I am trying to do without
18 a) deleting anything outside the old root
19 b) doing it not TOOO SLOW
20 c) without leaving filesystem debris somewhere (for example after
21 a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda2 count=1 bs=4096
22 d) anything else I forgot to think about
23
24 ?
25
26 Thanks a lot for any idea! :)