From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is kde 3.5 stable enough?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:02:22
1 > You can determine this yourself:
2 >
3 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge -pv kde-base/kdebase-meta
4
5 Shame on me. I did know... just didn't think about it.
6 Oh, well, just came back from 10 hours in the lab.
7
8 However I did it now and I noticed the USE flag "kdexdeltas", which
9 description on gentoo-portage.com is:
10
11 "kdexdeltas - Makes kde ebuilds download binary diffs rather than
12 entire new tarballs for every new release"
13
14 how is it supposed to work?! does it work for every kind of C flag?
15
16 > It has been stable for me...no crashes or glitches to speak of. If
17 > you actually use KDE, you need a new version of dbus/hal for hotplug
18 > device integration.
19
20 Ok, it should be of no problem for me since I don't use HAL...
21
22 >Anyway why not search bugs.gentoo.org for this
23 > information?
24
25 Right, but this time I have an excuse :). I prefer to hear about "real
26 life" issues. Things not marked as bugs but that I should be aware of
27 ("it breaks X, it's weird with Y"), things marked as bugs that perhaps
28 are only seldomly appearing etc.etc.etc.
29
30 > I think it is important to note that KDE 3.5 has been released as
31 > stable by KDE for some time. It is only the ebuilds that are still
32 > marked as testing.
33
34 Yes, I know. But I'm easily scared :P
35
36 m.
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list