From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 1.0.6-r2 emerge error
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:07:16
1 but wait . . . he said, replying to his own message.
2 I found this page:
3
4 http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2871&sid=8511ebb8e725982cd47d2106049897bd
5
6 which says in part:
7
8 I am running freetype-2.1.7, as was installed with the Xorg packages.
9 Symlinks were correct, as you specified. I was having no problems at all
10 until I attempted to compile the Gimp-2.0.2, and at that point I made
11 what I believe is a correction to the freetype.h file (I moved #include
12 <ft2build.h> before #ifndef FT_FREETYPE_H) I am not a C programmer, so
13 the logic I used may be errent... but it is the only thing I changed,
14 and I was then able to compile the Gimp. (I did not reboot, ldconfig,
15 anything.)
16
17 about the same error message.
18
19 I did:
20 emerge -C freetype
21 and removed both instances of freetype
22 then
23 emerge freetype
24 to install the latest
25 then I edited freetype.h as this user did and it seems to be working. I
26 was also unable to upgrade gtk+ and turns out I was having the exact
27 same error compiling that. I just emerged gtk+ with no problem, and am
28 currently working on Firefox.
29
30 Only three more problems to solve, and I'll be happy. Until the next
31 time I break it anyhow....
32
33 Adrian
38 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
39
40 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
41 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
42 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls