From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] codec for video embedded in presentation
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 15:24:21
1 2012/12/31 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
4 > On 30 December 2012, at 11:39, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
5 > > ...
6 > > The AVI container has been used by windows for a long time, so I'd say
7 > > chances are that it will work on more systems, but I can't say for sure.
8 >
9 > But h264 in an AVI is invalid.
10 >
11 > AVI is dated and just plain nasty.
12 >
13 > You should use something else (like h264 in an MP4) if you possibly can.
14 >
15 > Stroller.
18 I've heard (or read) that before, to me it seems quite strange that one of
19 the main products from MS to be so outdated in this area.
20
21 I tried an MP4 renamed as AVI, and it worked. I don't know yet if it will
22 work on my mates' computers, because I have installed K-Lite codecs, and
23 they didn't (yet, at least).
24
25 Thanks
26 Francisco
29 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
30 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
31 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
32 - George Bernard Shaw