From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice being replaced?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:43:14
1 On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I noticed this today:
3 >
4 > The following mask changes are necessary to proceed:
5 > #required by @selected, required by @world (argument)
6 > # /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
7 > # Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> (27 Jul 2011)
8 > # Old replaced packages. Will be removed in 30 days.
9 > # app-office/openoffice -> app-office/libreoffice
10 > # app-office/openoffice-bin -> app-office/libreoffice-bin
11 > # app-text/wpd2sxw -> app-text/wpd2odt
12 >>=app-office/openoffice-3.2.1-r1
15 > Does this mean that libreoffice is going to replace OOo in the tree?
16
17 Looks like it. It has already replaced it on all my computers.
18
19 Gentoo's OpenOffice has included the go-oo patches for a long time
20 anyway, which were the big thing changed about LibreOffice (those
21 patches included in mainline), and using the two I can honestly say
22 there's really no difference as far as I can tell, aside from the
23 splash screen. Somebody posted about some Sun templates a while
24 back... maybe something proprietary like that is changed, but
25 OpenTemplate.org is meant to replace those anyway.
26
27 I would say switch to LibreOffice and don't look back. :)