From: Matt Randolph <mattr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is man-pages-de package installed?
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:49:27
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 >Hello!
4 >
5 >[16:00:20 alexander@server:~] $ sudo emerge -Duvat world
6 >
7 >These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
8 >
9 >Calculating world dependencies ...done!
10 >[..]
11 >[ebuild N ] app-i18n/man-pages-de-0.4 0 kB
12 >[..]
13 >
14 >As you can see there, the package "man-pages-de" is about
15 >to get installed after a "emerge -Duvat world". As you can
16 >see from the "indention", the package is on the "first" level,
17 >meaning that no other package requires man-pages-de.
18 >
19 >Why is man-pages-de going to be installed and how do I
20 >make portage *NOT* install those ancient man pages?
21 >
22 >Thanks,
23 >
24 >Alexander Skwar