From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [Fwd: Frozen Video]
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:20:23
1 I have a box running kernel version 2.6.13-r5, and MythTV 0.18.2 built
2 from portage. I'm using a video card with the nvidia nv18 chipset
3 (6600?). I also have a custom xorg modeline for my widescreen HDTV. My
4 video card is connected via a VGA to component converter. The screen
5 looks good and regular desktop mode works fine. The mouse moves. MythTV
6 menus are displayed and the cursor moves around
7 when I hit the arrow keys.
8
9 The problem is when I switch to a video mode. The video freezes at the
10 first frame. The audio continues and plays just fine. The freezing
11 problem occurs whether I'm viewing LiveTV, previously recorded shows,
12 and even video files via MythVideo (uses mplayer). All of this used to
13 work until I upgraded hardware and rebuilt my system.
14
15 I have no idea what the cause might be or where to start looking. Any ideas?
16
17 Drew
21 Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
22 Magic Tricks, DVDs, Videos, Books, & More!
23
24 http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list