From: Behrouz Khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:32:34
1 On Thursday, May 21, 2015 05:55:52 AM walt wrote:
4 Thanks. I also saw that message, but after checking the kernel, ignored it!
5
6 > I just wasted some time figuring out this mess:
7 >
8 > I just updated google-chrome, which printed this confusing warning message:
9 >
10 > "CONFIG_USED_NS not seen when it should be"
11 >
12 > First, there's a typo: it should read "CONFIG_USER_NS"
13 > ^
14 >
15 > Then, after I figured out that CONFIG_USER_NS is a kernel config item,
16 > requiring reinstallation of my kernel, I wasted more time figuring out
17 > (for the n'th time) that you shouldn't just change a single kernel config
18 > item and do "make" because that shortcut can break important things.
19 >
20 > No, you should do "make clean" first, and then do "make" etc.
21 >
22 > Then, after finishing that mess, you then need to re-install ati-drivers
23 > (if you use them) because CONFIG_USER_NS breaks the ati-drivers too.
24 >
25 > So, re-install ati-drivers, reboot, etc, all of which will make you late
26 > for work, like I am now :p