From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub installation problem
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:09:01
1 Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr> writes:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I am installing Gentoo on a new pc and following the Gentoo manual.
6 > I create primary partition sda3 for boot with ext3 file system, then
7 > Extended partition for
8 > swap sda5
9 > / sda6 with reiserfs file system
10 > /usr sda7 with reiserfs file system
11 > /home sda8 with reiserfs fiel system.
12 >
13 > after chroot, i can install every package except grub in /boot.
14 > I get the message : "your boot partition, detected as being mounted as
15 > /boot, is read-only.
16 > Remounting it in read-write mode ..."
17 > Then the error message : "failed to create symbolic link `//boot/boot` :
18 > Read-only file system.
19 >
20 > What's going on ???
21
22 I would check if there is any error or warning in the kernel log when
23 that happens.
24
25 just do
26 dmesg | tail
27
28 after the error, to check the last lines in the log.
31 Nuno J. Silva
32 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg