From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [Solved] Linux Kernel 3.2.0 & USB Mouse
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 01:37:56
1 On 7 January 2012 18:53, Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to upgrade the kernel on my desktop from 3.1.6 to
3 > 3.2.0(-r1). Unfortunately, my Logitech USB trackball does not work in
4 > 3.2.0. It is listed in the lsusb output so it is being recognized but
5 > neither GPM nor X responds to it.
6 >
7 > I have tried to make sure that the .config files are as identical as
8 > possible. The differences that I see do not seem relevant to my
9 > problem. Any ideas?
10
11 All right, I found the problem. I needed to add support for "Logitech
12 Unifying receivers full support":
13
14 Device Drivers
15 -> HID Devices (HID_SUPPORT)
16 -> Special HID drivers
17 -> Logitech devices (HID_LOGITECH)
18 -> Logitech Unifying receivers full support
19
20 Thanks all!