From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean wants to remove all perl?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:06:29
1 On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:25:03 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > This includes:
4 > - programs I use
5 > - kernel
6 > - libraries I need for my own projects
7 > - dependencies for software that isn't in the portage tree
8 > (I should create a meta-package for those)
9
10 I use sets for the last one, just list the packages
11 in /etc/portage/sets/foo_deps and "emerge -a @foo_deps". It makes
12 cleaning up afterwards a lot easier, just remove the set.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Theory is when you know everything, but nothing works.
19 Reality is when everything works, but you don't know why.
20 However, usually theory and reality are mixed together :
21 Nothing works, and nobody knows why not.