From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with help2man and Perl
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:09:57
1 Hi all,
2 I've having a bit of a problem with doing an update world. When I do an
3 "emerge -NuD world" things chug along a bit then the build for help2man
4 fails, having a problem with "Locale::gettext". A Google search mentions
5 using perl-cleaner. I run perl-cleaner and it results in a whole lot of
6 stuff being rebuilt, including Perl. I then run the emerge again and for
7 some reason it wants to rebuild perl again, a different version to what
8 perl-cleaner rebuilt. The emerge progresses past building perl , gets
9 back to help2man and fails again.
10
11 Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going wrong here? I have
12 a feeling I should be unmerging a lot of stuff then remerging it.
13
14 Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
15
16 Andrew
17
18 p.s. Sorry about the English, I've had a lot of chocolate and Tokay :)