From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emergency shutdown, how to?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:41:12
1 2008/3/28, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I had a problem the other day where I needed to shutdown, like in a real
5 > hurry. My power supply was packed up and checking out without paying
6 > the bill. I was in KDE and just selected logout then shutdown from the
7 > menu. Is there a faster way to shutdown so that at least the file
8 > system is clean? Some fancy keystroke pattern or a short command
9 > maybe? I run foldingathome and that pesky "waiting 17 seconds" thing
10 > was torture. I need it to bypass that little "feature" as well.
11 >
12 > I hope I never run into this again but just in case I would like a
13 > pointer. It did make it to the point where it said it was unmounting
14 > file systems but one partition must have been mounted since it was well,
15 > pissed, about not being unmounted cleanly. ;-) Thank goodness for
16 > reiserfs coming to the rescue. After putting in a new P/S all is well
17 > again.
18
19 You can try this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
20