From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 02:01:26
1 On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 > Re
3 > 20121109171149.1d8a3e18@×××××××××.biz20121109171149.1d8a3e18@×××××××××.biz509D9C62.9040909@×××××.com509D8E00.4030208@××××××××.sek7k1hn$ce6$1@×××××××××.org,
4 > Canek Peláez Valdés said:
5 >> Just a word of advice: if you are a normal laptop user, systemd has
6 >> replaced most of the functionality of consolekit; so if you boot with
7 >> systemd, several packages need to have enable the systemd USE flag
8 >> (and the consolekit one disabled). In particular, pambase and polkit
9 >> need to set either systemd or consolekit, but cannot set both.
12 > Ok, it's also helpful to add the systemd overlay and emerge
13 > "systemd-units" and "baselayout-systemd".
14
15 Mmmh. I stopped using that overlay years ago. It's still maintained?
16
17 > You also have to enable by hand most services. There wasn't one for
18 > lightdm (to get graphical login), but "slim" had one so I just switched
19 > to that. Turns out I like that one better, anyway. :-)
20
21 You can also link /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service to your
22 preferred login manager. Recent versions of systemd will take care of
23 everything else.
24
25 Regards.
26 --