From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about the magic Sys Req keys
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:05:28
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Monday 13 June 2011 04:18:23 Dale wrote:
5 >> So, my question is this. What kind of lock up could keep the magic keys
6 >> from working? This is on my new amd64 machine.
7 >>
8 > everything that kills the interrupt handler.
9 >
10 > everything that prevents the kernel from acting on interrupts it received
11 >
12 > everything that locks up the CPU
16 Thanks for all the replies. It appears I am on the right track. I most
17 likely have a bad kernel. It's been a while since I had one of those.
18 I guess one has to get through every once in a while.
19
20 Oh, I have a nvidia card.
21
22 Thanks