From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED - MAYBE]: [gentoo-user] pysol problems
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:32:53
1 On Wednesday 27 September 2006 18:06, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi. I searched around more in Google and found this link link which
3 > seemed related to my problem:
4 [SNIP]
5 > It seems on my wife's machine, as well as on my AMD64 machine,
6 > neither of us has the Rgb.txt file. Using slocate I did find a copy in
7 > /usr/share/X11 however.
8 [SNIP]
9 > So, I copied the version I found in /usr/share/X11 to the path in
10 > the Xorg man page and now pysol works.
11 >
12 > I am not exactly sure why my AMD64 machine worked when the IA32
13 > machine didn't. It seems that neither machine has an RGB path in
14 > xorg.conf. That part is leaving me confused, but at least my wife can
15 > now play solitaire and I'm not so much on the hot seat.
16
17 # grep -i rgbpath /var/log/Xorg.0.log
18 (==) RgbPath set to "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
19
20 # equery files x11-apps/rgb | grep rgb.txt
21 /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt
22
23 # equery check x11-apps/rgb
24 [ Checking x11-apps/rgb-1.0.1 ]
25 * 9 out of 9 files good
26
27 I guess the correct solution if it doesn't work without the RgbPath specified is to specify it correctly in xorg.conf... Note that my problem was that I had specified the wrong path.
28
29 Section "Files"
30 RgbPath "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
31