From: nacho nacho <gentoo.user.list@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] adsl-usb-modem question
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 05:20:27
1 Hi, I am installing an adsl-usb-modem (conexant chipset). I have some
2 questions about:
3 (1) what is the interface nas0 and does it have anithing to do with
4 gentoo or with the modem?
5 (2) item (1) with sit0
6 (3) An installation script ask me to enter the ethernet inerface
7 connected to the adsl modem, but the modem is usb, so, which interface
8 is supposed to be? (here i put "nas0" but then the error "nas0:
9 unknown interface: No such device" is output)
10 (4) If i fail to install the modem, i wanted to know if anybody would
11 like to help me (through telnet) to install it (hopefully, the best
12 option to me).
13
14 There is very little (and poor) doc about the installation of this
15 modem on linux, so almost everything is very obscure to me. Thanks for
16 answers and/or suggestions (even though they are little ones). Marry
17 Christmas! Bye
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list