From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange system behaviour.
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:20:29
1 On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 00:30 +0300, Nistor Andrei wrote:
2 > On Monday 21 May 2007, Marek Miller wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Yes, it is a RAM defect. Is there a way to define upper limit of RAM, so
5 > > I can perform some back-up before
6 > > I take my laptop to a warranty service?
9 > Try badram-sources. I've never used them, but they should do the trick. I
10 > think you can find them in the custom-kernels overlay.
11
12 ha! good luck trying to compile the kernel with faulty RAM. Can you
13 remove one stick, or borrow some from a friend / other machine? That
14 might help with your backups...
15
16 cya,
20 Dismissed. That's a Star Fleet expression for, "Get out."
21 -- Capt. Kathryn Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager, "The Cloud"
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list