From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam fixed now it's tcpdump
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:39:37
1 --- Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Well, the docs page on the upgrade to pam-0.99 is
4 > complete, I updated
5 > severala machines no problem with it. So you must
6 > have muffed the
7 > instructions. Next time, read the whole page.
8
9 While I was waiting I went back to the page and
10 decided I should probably emerge pam_chroot.
11 pam_userdb didn't seem to involve me so I left it
12 alone. Other than that I couldn't see what else
13 applied to my case except for the suggestion that
14 some, unamed, file should be edited. I notice that
15 since I apparently overleapt the main pam hurdle
16 /etc/pam.d has a new system-auth file in it. Must be
17 on the right track cause it didn't complain about
18 pam-0.99 when pam_chroot was emerged. Then I made
19 detour and updated a bunch of /etc files that had
20 popped up after having started the massive update. I
21 must have missed modprobe cause when I booted again a
22 boot warning flashed by, "warning modprobe.conf not
23 generated". Then it got to login where I was again not
24 allowed access. Does that have something to do with
25 modprobe.conf? PAM? Both?
26
27 > Meanwhile, boot off a LiveCD or some other medium.
28 > or maintenance mode,
29 > chroot into gentoo and find all packages that depend
30 > on pam:
31 >
32 > equery depends pam
33
34 AttributeError: Package instance has no attribute
35 'get_postmerge_deps'
36
37 > or maybe
38 > euse -i pam
39
40 no matching entries found
41
42 As for modprobe, I just chrooted again and ran
43 update-modules. I forgot to add -v on the first pass,
44 so I did it again with -v and it's telling me
45
46 *Skipping /etc/modules.conf generation(prerequisites
47 not satisfied
48 *Skipping /etc/modprobe.conf generation (file is newer
49 than dependencies)
50 * The dir '/lib/modules/2.6.15-gentoo-r5/modules.dep'
51 does not exist, skipping call to depmod
52
53 So this is wierd: according to ls -l
54 /etc/modprobe.conf was just written.
55
56 Or is it because the PC is in a chrooted environment
57 and uses a different set of modules?
58
59 -mw
63 Looking for last minute shopping deals?
64 Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
65 --
66 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list