From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:14:20
1 ======= On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Alastair Irving wrote: =======
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I'm fairly new to gentoo, and was wondering what success people hav
5 > had with firefox 3. I unmasked the relevent ebuild, but this then
6 > required a library which I had to unmask, which then required another
7 > masked library. At this point I stopped, as it looked as though I
8 > was going to end up updating a fairly large number of packages to
9 > unstable versions and I was worried this might break something else
10 > on my system.
11 >
12 > Any advice will be gratefully received.
13 >
14 > Alastair Irving
15
16 I have unmasked these packages only on ~amd64 (strings begin
17 with "gteater or equal"):
18
19 >=www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0
20 >=dev-libs/nss-3.0