From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/share/fonts/TTF doesn't exist
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:28:54
1 On Wednesday 12 July 2006 18:47, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > Just make sure that every directory produced by this command has a
4 > > FontPath entry:
5 > > find /usr/share/fonts/* -type d
6 >
7 > I wouldn't worry too much about this anyhow, only really old apps use
8 > FontPath entries. Most new ones use fontconfig, which searches
9 > /usr/share/fonts/ recursively.
10
11 Although the fonts are there:
12 =========================================
13 $ find /usr/share/fonts/* -type d
14 /usr/share/fonts/100dpi
15 /usr/share/fonts/75dpi
16 /usr/share/fonts/TTF
17 /usr/share/fonts/Type1
18 /usr/share/fonts/artwiz-aleczapka-en
19 /usr/share/fonts/corefonts
20 /usr/share/fonts/cyrillic
21 /usr/share/fonts/default
22 /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript
23 /usr/share/fonts/encodings
24 /usr/share/fonts/encodings/large
25 /usr/share/fonts/freefont
26 /usr/share/fonts/local
27 /usr/share/fonts/misc
28 /usr/share/fonts/sharefonts
29 /usr/share/fonts/terminus
30 /usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera
31 /usr/share/fonts/ukr
32 /usr/share/fonts/unifont
33 /usr/share/fonts/util
34 =========================================
35
36 I am also getting errors loading some of them:
37 =========================================
38 Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/default, removing from list!
39 Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/encodings, removing from
40 list!
41 Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/local, removing from list!
42 (**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveScreen(2)
43 (**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveScreen(2)
44 Warning: FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph() returns an error,
45 so the backend tries to set a white space.
46 Warning: FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph() returns an error,
47 so the backend tries to set a white space.
48 Warning: FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph() returns an error,
49 so the backend tries to set a white space.
50 FreeType: couldn't open face /usr/share/fonts/TTF/VeraIt.ttf: 1
51 FreeType: couldn't open face /usr/share/fonts/TTF/VeraIt.ttf: 1
52 Warning: FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph() returns an error,
53 so the backend tries to set a white space.
55
56 Any idea why - can I fix it?
59 Regards,
60 Mick