From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage usage problems
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:35:20
1 On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > - Whenever I install a new kernel I have to reinstall all those
3 > packages which generate a kernel module, e.g. nvidia-drivers,
4 > openafs-kernel or virtualbox-modules.
5 >   When emerge has installed the kernel module in
6 >   /lib/modules/<new-kernel>/...
7 >   it removes the corresponding module in
8 >   /lib/modules/<old-kernel>
9 >   Since I want a fall back possibility I'd like to tell emerge
10 >   not to remove the modules for the <old-kernel>.
11 >   How can this be done?
12
13 emerge sys-kernel/module-rebuild
16 Optimists say the glass is half full,
17 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
18 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
19
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
22 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list