From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: print side-by-side diff w/ highlighting?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:20:47
1 On 2009-08-14, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Grant Edwards<grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to find some sort of side-by-side diff that will
4 >> highlight the differences and produce pritable output (e.g.
5 >> html or postscript).
6 >>
7 >> I've found tools to "colorize" diff output, but not for
8 >> side-by-side. I've found tools to display side-by-side
9 >> differences with hightlights, but they can't print.
10 >>
11 >> How do I print side-by-side diff with changes hightlighted
12 >> (e.g. bold or colored)?
13 >
14 > redirect "diff -y" to printer?
15
16 I want changes highlighted. All diff -y does is mark which
17 lines have changed.
20 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Quick, sing me the
21 at BUDAPEST NATIONAL ANTHEM!!
22 visi.com