From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg 7.0 upgrade questions
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:15:48
1 James wrote:
2 > Still in /etc/X11/xkb the symbolic link flashes red
3 > indicated that /usr/lib/X11/xkb does not exit.
4
5 I've never heard of /etc/X11/xkb, and I don't have it on my systems. Get
6 rid of it.
9 > KDM will not fire up automactically. So I log
10 > in and run 'startx' and here are the errors I get:
11 >
12 > 'failed to load module "kbd" (modules does not exist, 0)'
13
14 Perhaps you don't have the keyboard driver installed. Install
15 portage-utils and run `qlist -I x11-drivers` -- this should get
16 installed if you have configured the INPUT_DEVICES variable properly in
17 make.conf, or even if you left it blank (Assuming you aren't on a
18 super-old profile).
19
20 > and
21 > 'Cannot open device /dev/input/mice No such file or dir'
22 >
23 > On the mouse issue 'ls /dev/input' shows only this dir:
24 > by-path
25
26 Sounds like your kernel's missing mouse support, or you've specifically
27 configured udev to do something other than the default behavior.
28
29 > On my other xorg 7.0 systems I get this:
30 > # ls /dev/input
31 > event0 event1 event2 mice mouse0 mouse1
32
33 Thanks,
34 Donnie