From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Resize /
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:31:28
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I did some searching and found this:
4 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_evms It has pictures!! O_O I like
5 > pictures.
6 >
7 > Still working on it.
8 >
9 > Dale
10 >
11 > :-) :-) :-)
14 OK. Just in case. If anybody replied to this thread in the past 24
15 hours or so, could you resend it either directly or through the list.
16 My ISPs mail server had a hickup and I lost/missed a bunch of emails.
17 It was out for a good while. I'm not sure what happened.
18
19 I have been messing with this for a while now. I'm making progress on
20 learning how this works. Still not real big on converting over yet but
21 I am getting there. The pictures helped me a lot. It sort of gave me a
22 'image' of what sequence to do things in. Segment first, then a
23 container, then region and then volume. That helped me get things going
24 a lot. I can also put a file system on it now. ;-)
25
26 Next question, can I just convert over my current install without having
27 to copy over or anything? It shows the partitions when I am in
28 evmsgui. Keep in mind I am on dial-up and can not afford to loose my
29 install. Downloading distfiles would take waaaaay to long for me.
30
31 Thanks for the help. This is really interesting. I just need to get
32 more comfy with working with it. Command line is next. Got to get
33 ready for the CD part if I have to copy it over.
34
35 Dale
36