From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best circuit drawing software
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 04:34:42
1 > > Been working with xcircuit. It saves in PS but can
2 > be
3 > > made into a jpeg which looked just as sharp as the
4 > > original.
5 >
6 > If you zoom into that jpeg fat enough you will see
7 > pixillation. I
8 > don't think this will be the case with the
9 > postscript file, which is
10 > indeed a vector (or vectorish?) format.
11 >
12 > You're better off converting the PS file to PDF -
13 > PDF is fairly
14 > postscript-based, so this is an easy conversion, and
15 > PDF supports
16 > vector-based drawings (as well as bitmaps).
17 >
18 > If you zoom in on a curve on the PDF using Acrobat
19 > (or whatever) you
20 > should find that you never see pixillation at all -
21 > this is the joy
22 > of vectors. Admittedly this is a fairly moot point
23 > with a small
24 > schematic, but I would imagine it would be
25 > considered far more
26 > elegant for much larger ones or (particularly) for
27 > PCB layouts.
28
29 xcircuit should suffice for my needs. You can right
30 click the files in konqueror and save them to jpegs,
31 pngs etc. No one's going to bother zooming in on any
32 of them.
33
34 mw
38 Looking for last minute shopping deals?
39 Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
40 --
41 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list